Thursday, March 28, 2013

Online Standards and Lesson Planning for Teachers


This week in READ 411 we have began creating lesson plans with members of the same major/ subject area. Interestingly, I have been able to use websites provided by both CURR 316 Interactivites and CURR 314 assignments. For example, I have utilized Core Curricular Standards in all three education sequence courses. This website is great because it shows you what students should be able to grasp at different times in their educational experiences. I am sure this website will be a resource I will continue throughout my career. Using these state standards, I have found it very helpful to think of unit and lesson planning. On the Internet it is easy to search for strategies and actual lessons. These online resources can be a springboard into creating a fun and informative lesson. It is also good because teachers can think of ways to utilize and include technology, especially when using it  to promote both student and teacher interaction.
            In my READ 411 group we used the Internet to follow and create our own lesson plan. Example of lessons from the Internet can show teachers a good way to organize. The online lesson examples serves as a model for teachers. For example, it is important to start a lesson with a clear objective and noting which curricular standards are met (referring to the hyperlink I provided in the previous paragraph). For my Interactivity 4 lesson I utilized a lesson plan I found on the Internet about the U.S. Constitution. Using this plan as a starting point I looked for ways to modify the lesson with technology.  The Internet can also be helpful in providing the teacher with handouts and assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment